Here are some knife-care instructions to ensure that your Emerson stays in great condition:
- Keep the pivot area of the knife oiled (We recommend Frog Lube)
- If your lock-up is sticky, it will break in with use. Do not loosen pivot too much!
- Keep your knife sharp! Remember: Cardboard dulls blades at a rapid rate.
- If the knife comes in contact with salt water, be sure to rinse in tap water as soon as possible and wipe dry with a dry cloth and a thin layer of oil to avoid rusting.
- Keep your knife clean inside and out.
- We recommend using a very small amount of Loctite when replacing/adjusting screws.